2013/01/25

Failing to plan is planning to fail

I have finally found the perfect planner. Initially, I thought it was a panda because when I bought it, half the face was covered. When I unwrapped it, turns out it was a dog on the cover. But that doesn't matter because this planner is so cute :3.





This is one of my new year's resolutions, get a planner. I've never really used a planner. I've owned a few but never really filled them up or used them. Planning things just isn't my thing. I just think that planning ruins the surprises life has in store for us. It's just that I think there is beauty in waiting and taking on the random things life throws at us, and I wanted to make sure that all my days were  free and had no plans so that in case someone suddenly asks me to go somewhere or invite me to an adventure, I would be able to automatically say "Sure!".

But then I realized, that's just stupid and that's just an excuse of a lazy person to procrastinate. Not planning does not in anyway ruin surprises in life. And not planning is really affecting my productivity. :(

I do plan though, just not in an organized way. I make mental notes of what I should do for the weekend. For example I would tell myself "I think I'll color that drawing I made last week." and then I end up not doing that at all because I got distracted by 9gag or by a video game. Mental notes are ok, the problem is, they are easy to overwrite, and if you're a scatter brain (like me), they are just not that effective.

This time around I have decided to use a planner seriously. I am writing more specific goals and plans. I'm actually scheduling and listing things I need to study about. It's actually helping me in keeping track with my progress on my new year's resolutions, projects and even this blog.

I have to say, writing in a planner and trying to fill it up as much as I can is really enjoyable. It's amazing how much of a big help a little notebook with dates can do to your life. ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment